Arranging a funeral
Arranging a funeral can be a distressing time. The caring Funeral Directors at V A Peterson Funeral Service Ltd in Cwmbran are here to support you through this difficult time. We offer a straightforward approach which is handled with discretion and dignity.
Once you have obtained the certificate for burial or cremation we can set a date for the funeral. The funeral planning can begin and we are here to help you every step of the way.
Arranging a funeral planning consultation
To arrange a meeting to discuss all the aspects involved when arranging a funeral please contact us to arrange a funeral planning consultation with us. This meeting can happen in your own home or at our funeral home in Cwmbran. We will discuss all the different elements involved when arranging a funeral. Once we agree on all required aspects, we can start making all the necessary arrangements.
What to consider when arranging a funeral
There are many things to consider when arranging a funeral. Our experienced team can help guide you through the whole process. Every detail regarding the funeral ceremony, burial or cremation will be discussed. We will agree on a date for the ceremony and the type of funeral service will be agreed. Other things to consider will be discussed and they include:
- If you want to use our private chapel of rest for family viewings
- Choosing the coffin or casket
- Deciding on the type of funeral, for example, burial, cremation or green funeral
- Transport for the day, i.e, funeral cars, horse-drawn carriage
- Choosing the funeral procession route
- Deciding on music, flowers and service sheets
- Choosing a book of remembrance
- Ordering memorial headstones
In addition, we will also explain our funeral charges. If the funeral costs are covered by a pre-paid funeral plan then unless you add extra services, no other costs will be involved.